Part 2 – Installation of client machine.
(for reference the Part 1 of this article is listed here: http://www.mgfx.co.za/how-to-install-a-autodesk-network-license-part-1-of-2/ )
The first step of Part 2 is to download the software. Please use the Autodesk Virtual Agent to download the required software. Remember you can install up to 3 versions back if your product is on active subscription.
Here is the link to the process to follow using the Autodesk Virtual Agent. Click on the link at step 1 to start up the Virtual Agent.
Now to test install your software on one of the client PCs. Make sure you follow the step below:
- Before installing make sure your UAC is turn off. ( User Account Control in Control Panel)
- Make sure all AV scanners are turned off temporarily. ( Anti-Virus scanners)
With regards to the actual installation process: (For 2016 and earlier versions this is done as part of the installation. For 2017 and later version, you’ll select the Network license option when opening the software.)
- In the dialogue box where you add serial number, Select Network option on the right and add the single server name the same and your server host name.
- Also add the serial numbers and product code of your software on the left hand side.
Here is some screenshot with regards to the process:
Once the software has been installed make sure you install all the service packs for your software downloaded from: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/download
- Now open the software and test.
- We assume you only have a couple of installations to do so simple go ahead and install the software and service packs on all the PCs. If you have, say more than 5 client PCs, a good idea is to use a Software Deployment whereby you create an executable package which can be installed on each PC by simply clicking one exe file. This process is not included in this article.