Migrating files are easy with the task scheduler.
To get started click on Create Task, Migrate Files…
You have a few options here.
The top left hand corner is for what project settings you will have while migrating the files.
You can migrate straight from the Vault.
- The button on the left is for adding individual file or files.
- The button in the middle is for adding folders of files
- The button on the right is for adding an entire project to migrate
The space in the middle will tell you what files, folders and projects you are migrating. You can setup that more than one file, folder and/or projects are migrated at once.
Below in Task Properties you will specify the name of the task. I would suggest doing something quite descriptive so you know what files are being migrated. There is a button for start the task immediately as well as how frequently you would like to run this task.
You can run this task just the once, Daily, Weekly or even Monthly.
You can specify a start time as well as a start date as well as have a time out in the operation which can be a combination of hours and minutes.
In the options at the bottom you get the following options.
- Total Rebuild
- Skip Migrated Files
- Skip Files with Unresolved References
- Include Assembly Graphics for Express Mode
- Set Defer Update on Drawings
- Make all Raster drawing views Precise
- Update Local Materials and Appearances
To save on space you can also Purge Old Versions as well as compact the model history