If you are a designer who has a need to share Inventor designs with others, but are not in the same office or even country, Autodesk 360 is your answer! Share designs easily with others over the internet by uploading your designs to your Autodesk 360 account. From here you have the ability to share your designs with ease. This article will outline how to save your designs to the cloud directly from Inventor 2013, including an overview of files uploaded and how to share these files.
Once you have reached a point in the design where it needs to be shared with others you can follow the steps below to upload and share these files.
Saving to the cloud
- In Inventor 2013 open the design to be shared.
- Ensure that you are logged in to you Autodesk 360 account, figure 1. If you do not have an Autodesk 360 or Autodesk unified login username you can create one here
- In Inventor select the “Online” tab and select “Save and Send to Cloud”. The dialog box in figure 2 will display, this gives you the opportunity to view and select the files to be uploaded. Select the “Show document details” to view the different categories of documents. These are broken down into “Documents (required dependencies)”, “Libraries & Linked Files” and “Design Data & Templates”, figures 3, 4 and 5 respectively. Only Design Data & Templates can actively be included or excluded.
- Once you have made your selection click “Save and Send”. This will save your files to your Autodesk 360 account.
- Log on to Autodesk 360 and browse to “Documents”
- Find the folder that contains your uploaded information (the folder name will be the same as your active project). Hover the cursor over the folder and select the “Actions” icon, Figure 7.
- From the actions list select “Share” and fill in the email address of the person you want to share the files with in the “Share Folder” dialog box. If you have already shared information with this person you can select them from a list obtained by clicking the “Select Connections Button”, selecting the “Connections” and clicking add, see figure 8.
- Once “Connections” are added you can set their access level. These levels are as follows
- After setting the access level you can enter a personal message and click “Save and Invite” to share the files.
For more information on Inventor visit our product page here