As you make more use of Autodesk’s Subscription Center you will be faced with issues that may need some troubleshooting. This blog will cover particular issues that may be faced during the process of requesting software or performing other tasks within Subscription Center and has been divided into the following sections.
- Creating a Subscription Center ID
- Linking Your Account to Subscription Software
- Forgot User ID or Forgot Password?
- Changing Contract Manager or Software Coordinator
1. Creating a Subscription Center ID
If you have the need to create a Subscription Center account and link it to software that is on subscription you should then follow the steps below.
Please note: If you already have a Subscription Center account you will not be successful in creating a new account with the same email address, if this happens see section 3 Forgot User ID or Forgot Password?
- Go to the Autodesk Subscription website and click on “Create an Account”.
- On the “Verify Your Subscription” page enter your software’s serial number and click “Submit”.
If the serial number you entered is not linked to an active subscription account the “Edit Subscription Center Profile” page will appear. If this happens please verify that the serial number is correct for your software and that the software is on active subscription. This can be done by contacting your re-seller.
- Once your software is verified to be on subscription you will be taken to the “Create Subscription Center Account” page. Fill in all the necessary information and click “Submit”. This will then take you to your Subscription Center account home page where you can manage your subscription, request media and more.
2. Linking Your Account to Subscription Software
Subscription software can be linked to an existing Autodesk ID (used on forums, Autodesk 360 and other Autodesk sites). Follow the steps below to do this.
- Go to the Autodesk Subscription website and log in using your existing account by filling in your details and clicking “Submit”.
- The next page will have a warning that reads “Account Is Not Linked to an Active Subscription Contract”. To link your account click “Continue”.
- Enter in your serial number when prompted to and click “Submit”.
- You are then taken to the Subscription Center home screen where you have been added to the contract as an end-user. An email is also sent to the Contract Manager so that he/she is made aware of the new user linked to that subscription account.
If you are meant to be a Contract Manger see “4. Changing Contract Manager or Software Coordinator”.
3. Forgot User ID or Forgot Password
If you need to login to Autodesk Subscription Center but have forgotten your user ID or password the following steps will outline how to retrieve or reset these.
Forgot your User ID
- If you forgot your user ID select the “Forgot User ID” link on the Subscription Center home page.
- On the “Forgot User ID” screen enter your email address and click “Submit”.
- The User ID that is linked to that email address will be sent to it. Check your inbox or Spam/Junk folders for an email form Autodesk.com.
- The email will contain your User ID, use this to log in to most Autodesk websites.
- Click “Back to Sign In” and enter the User ID sent to you in the email and your Password.
Forgot your Password
- Enter in your user ID and click “Forgot Password?”
- On the “Forgot Password” screen enter your email address and click “Submit”.
- A link to reset your password will be sent to your email address. Check your inbox or Spam/Junk email folders for an email form Autodesk.com and click on the link.
- This will take you to the “Create Password” screen where you can enter in your new password and click “Submit” to accept your new password. Please take note of the password criteria listed on this screen.
- Once accepted you are taken to the Subscription home page.
4. Changing Contract Manager or Software Coordinator
If you have accessed your Subscription Center, but are not able to access Contract Administration to view contract specific setting and administration options, your Account Role is probably not set to Contract Manager or Software Coordinator. If you are meant to be in one of these roles you will need to request that your Account Role is changed. To do this a web support request needs to be placed with Autodesk. Follow these steps to do this.
- Log in to Subscription Center and click “Technical Support”
- On the Technical Support page look under Web Support and click “Create a Support Case”. Note that if your Account Role is set to end user you may not have web support enabled. If you wish to have it enabled contact your Contract Administrator to do so.
- The customer portal will open, then from the “Select a Case Type” list, select “My Subscription”.
- Select the appropriate option from the “My Subscription” page, fill out the relevant fields, attach files if needed and select “Submit”.