How many different types of Desktop Subscriptions are there?
- Annual (12 months)
- Quarterly (3 months)
- Monthly (1 month)
When ordering Desktop Subscription when is the start and end date for the Desktop Subscription.
- Annual – From date of Purchase Confirmation (in the form of an email) till the next year on the same date.
- Quarterly – From date of Purchase Confirmation (in the form of an email) till the end of the third month. For example, if you purchase a quarterly subscription beginning on January 15, the license will automatically terminate on April 15.
- Monthly – From date of Purchase Confirmation (in the form of an email) and automatically terminates one month later.(Not available in South Africa)
- Renewable Annual Desktop Subscriptions that are purchased through the online Autodesk Store (not available in South Africa) are automatically renewed one year from purchase date and each year thereafter until cancelled.
- Renewable Monthly Desktop Subscriptions that are purchased through the online Autodesk Store are automatically renewed one month from purchase date and each month thereafter until cancelled. (Unfortunately this option is not available in South Africa as yet)
Does it work the same when it comes to Home User License like with my Perpetual License?
Yes and no.
The licensing behaviour of the Desktop is a combination of both a Network and Single License Manager. It behaves like a single license in the fact that once activated it does not need to check with a server of sorts to see if the license is available. It behaves like a Network license in the fact that it will check for an internet connection every 2 weeks (14 days) to check if your license is still valid on the Autodesk servers.
So if you want to use it at home then you just need to install it at home and login with your Autodesk account which has been linked to the main account of the Desktop subscription. Just make sure that the other AutoCAD has been shut down.