Hi guys yet another new update for Inventor was released by Autodesk. This is good news right and it looks like its actually addressing quite a few issues. A lot of these issues are user reported issues which highlights the importance of you guys reporting any problem you may experience in AutoCAD, Inventor or any other product that’s part of the Product Design Suite. For those of you who don’t know how to give this feedback to Autodesk; the best way to do this is to do it via the Subscription portal. You will have to have an Autodesk ID thats registered to your product. Then you can fire away and create support tickets. Its quite a neat system and it works very well. Give it a try.
So back to Inventor Update 2. Its a historical patch meaning that it includes the fixes that were addressed in Update 1. So for the IT system maintenance guys out there, you only have to keep this update and when a new system is installed you only need to run this new update.
For the companies using Vault please note that a Vault Hotfix has also been included in the zip file of Inventor Update 2 and needs to be run separately. You will notice three executable .msp files inside this zip package. The two files with number “DL20082900” in the filename are obviously the Inventor updates and you just have to run the one that pertains to your OS type i.e. 32 or 64 bit Windows. The msp file with number “DL19384851” is the Vault update and only needs to be run if you are using Vault on your network.
Description of the Issues Addressed in Update 2
- User .xml file migrates to the material/appearance library incorrectly
- Creating a Presentation will create duplicate appearance styles
- Customer material/appearance library contains duplicate asset names after migration
- During Content Center update, Custom library is removed if a corresponding material is missing in the Inventor Material Library
- Feature color override changes after a rebuild all in derived parts
- Migration of Inventor library creates a duplicate material when an identical material exists in the target library
- Multiple stability issues
- Nonexistent contacts detected between geometry may cause discrepancies in simulation results
- Occasional low memory warning message erroneously displays during solve of simulation
- File size increases significantly by FEA result file being embedded
- The lib file (.adsklib) locked by Inventor can’t be checked in and synced to new version from Vault
- Update, Save, and Purge style dialog boxes do not set the default library as the active library
- After changing the material in one subassembly, the material in another subassembly may also change
- After placing and refreshing content center standard components, an incorrect material is assigned
- CER: Suppressed forces from legacy simulations from Dynamic Simulation sometimes cause exit when save
- CER: Unexpected exit occurs when generating iAssembly member after deleting a component with previous work-axis dependency
- CER: Unexpected exit occurs when selecting a top assembly node in the browser while launching a material browser dialog box
- CER: Unexpected exit on close of new part file when all Add-Ins are unloaded
- CER: Unexpected exit when using call Document.SaveAs to publish an Inventor file to a DWF file
- CER: Unexpected exit when calling GetHIconFromBitmapSource
- CER: Unexpected exit when copying components in assembly
- CER: Unexpected exit when deleting appearance and sorting
- CER: Unexpected exit when moving a sketch
- CER: Unexpected exit when re-enter the stress analysis environment with particular weldment assemblies
- CER: Unexpected exit when returning to construction mode after saving in simulation mode
- CER: Unexpected exit with Grip Snap command when clicking Esc after Free Drag
- Hotfix – DL19384851 (Inventor Vault Add-In) – Inventor 2013 unexpectedly exits when checking in file
- For application of this update, your system must have one of the following products installed:
- Autodesk® Inventor® Professional 2013
- Autodesk® Inventor® 2013
- Autodesk® Factory Design Suite Premium 2013
- Autodesk® Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2013
- Autodesk® Product Design Suite Premium 2013
- Autodesk® Product Design Suite Ultimate 2013
This update is available in 32bit and 64bit versions (downloaded together as one bundle) and is only applicable to Autodesk Inventor 2013. Once installed, it will appear as an update under Add/Remove Programs and can be uninstalled from there.
Extract DL20082900_32-bit.msp, DL20082900_64-bit.msp, and Vault Add-In Hotfix DL19384851.msp from the zip file downloaded in step 1.
Double click on the appropriate .msp file (32-bit or 64-bit) to install this update on each system running Autodesk Inventor 2013.
Choose Next to begin the install…