With past releases Autodesk would have shipped physical media of your software to the address and name linked to its subscription account. This has been the cause of many problems as the software may be sent to the incorrect address (if the business has moved) or the incorrect person (in the case of the Software Coordinator leaving the company). To avoid this problem in the future, Autodesk have made a few changes with the release of the 2014 product line. If you wish to have physical media of your software you now need to request for it to be sent to you. This blog outlines how to request your media from the Subscription Center and any issues you may be faced with. There will be a separate blog to troubleshoot these problems.
To request your media follow these steps. (To be successful you need to be a Software Coordinator or Contract Manager)
1. Log on to the Subscription Center website.
- If you do not have a Subscription Center ID view the Creating a Subscription Center ID section of our troubleshooting blog.
- You can link an existing Autodesk User ID (used on forums, Autodesk 360 and other Autodesk sites) to your software subscription. See the Linking Your Account to Subscription Software section of or troubleshooting blog.
- If you have forgotten your Autodesk User ID or password see the respective section titled Forgot User ID or Forgot Password? in our troubleshooting blog.
2. On the Subscription Center home page look for “Get Your Upgrade” if this is not visible click on “Downloads” on the left then look for “Download Your Upgrade Now”
3. At this point you can either choose to download you software, by selecting the version in the main window, or request your physical media by selecting “Request Media for:” on the left.
- If you get stuck at point 2 or 3 check to see if you are set as the “Contract Manager or Software Coordinator”. This can be done by selecting “My Profile” on the top right of the page in the header image and viewing “Account Roles”. If you are not set as either of these and should be, view the troubleshooting blog, section Changing Contract Manager or Software Coordinator.
4. Choose which product you want shipped, product version, language, quantity of copies and select “Save Changes” then “Continue”.
5. Select the reason for you request (or closest reason), enter in your address and click “Save Changes” then “Continue”. This address may not be a P.O. Box as Autodesk do not ship to P.O boxes.
6. Review the information and click “Submit Request”
7. A screen will show letting you know if the request was successful.
These steps should ensure a successful request of your physical media, which will take about three weeks to ship.
If you have any more questions please view our Troubleshooting Autodesk’s Subscription Center blog or contact us directly.